Saturday, June 10, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #60 featuring Jen Wills

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! It's Karren here and this is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!




This week I have invited...

Jen Wills of JENerally Speaking

My Photo

I asked Jen to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
The name of my blog is JENerally Speaking and I started it in December 2010.  At the time I was making cards out of my photographs and while exploring cardstock options online I stumbled upon some crafty blogs.  One of the earliest I found was Lynn Mangan’s The Mango Boys and Me.  Not only were Lynn’s cards gorgeous but from the moment I first left a comment on her blog she was supportive and happy to answer questions I had about supplies and techniques.  After finding more blogs and discovering challenges I decided I wanted in and started my own blog.  I’m so happy that I did.  I’ve “met” so many amazing women over the last 7 years and learned so much from all of them.  Our little crafty community really is a special place.

2. What is your style of card making?

I am generally a CAS designer although it took me a bit of time to figure that out.  Initially I was buying every supply I saw and trying every technique out there.  It really took a few years to hone my style and figure out what I really enjoyed the most.


3. Who inspires you as a designer?
There are so many amazing designers out there some of whom I’ve followed since I first started my blog like Lynn and also Karen Baker of The Bald Dragonfly.  I’ve also long been a fan of Jenny Mullens of Crafting in the Country, Therese Calvird of Lost in Paper and Ardyth Percy-Robb of MASKerade - all very talented and lovely ladies!  There are many more and I’m also discovering new (to me) blogs all the time.  My most recent new favourite is Caroline Paton of KISS - Keep It Sweet and Simple.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
Funnily enough I used to really get stressed out by sketch challenges but a stint on the CAS(E) This Sketch design team cured me of that issue.  I think what inspires me depends on my mood on a given day.  Photos, colour combos, sketches and other designers can all get those crafty wheels turning for me.  
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
In high school I was completely obsessed with the soap opera "All My Children”.  We were going to be in New York City for a few days the summer of my 16th birthday so I impersonated my mom and wrote to my favourite actor on the show saying “All my daughter wants in the world for her 16th birthday is a chance to meet you when we are in NYC".  Needless to say mom was pretty confused when she got a letter from him but it worked - I got a tour of the studio and got to hang out with him!

Here is Jen's card using this week's inspiration!




The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 


Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs



Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow


Wanda Cullen



And a card by me, Karren Johnson



We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday,16 June at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for Jen! Lovely inspiration by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful GD in Jen!! She's a sweetheart and I'm delighted to see her here! Sure hope to play along, especially after seeing the amazing inspiration photo and the DT's cards. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! Jen is one of my favourite papercrafters and blogland friends, big hugs and Congrats it's so wonderful to see her here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you guest designing here Jen! love you gorgeous card as always...and smiling over here about All My Children..way to make it happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration by Jen and the DT! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to read more about you, Jen and thank you for your kind words.
    I think I've followed your work for a long time now and it's always an inspiration to me.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete